Riding a bike should be comfortable and fun. Our mission is to improve people’s lives through cycling – and a personalized fit is designed to improve your quality of ride. Whether you are a serious rider seeking performance, a recreational rider, or a commuter wanting to improve your comfort and efficiency, professional bike fitting can help you achieve your goals. If you suffer from pain or numbness while cycling or pain due to pre-existing injuries or arthritis you are an ideal candidate for a more customized fitting. Our client-focused bike fitting service will address your specific needs; giving you a tailor-made solution leading to faster, more comfortable, enjoyable ride quality with reduced chance of injury. With over 60 combined years of fitting service, our fit staff has the experience and passion to solve almost any problem you experience and improve your ride performance. Read what our customers have to say about our bike fitting services.
To schedule an appointment call: 763.420.8878 or email: email@example.com
Bike fitting services are temporarily suspended due to the corona virus.
Bike sizing is not the same as bike fitting. We include complimentary bike sizing with every new bike purchased from Maple Grove Cycling. You will be assured of correct bicycle size with saddle height determined by evaluating foot placement on the pedals and rider leg - knee extension.
Insole Mapping and Cleat Setup: $125
- Every foot is highly unique, and no one - size - fits solution exists when it comes to shoes. Cleat setup is dependent upon the rider - AND the ride. A traditional road setup for cleats will not be the appropriate setup for an Ironman distance triathlete. Adding shims to the bottom of a riders shoes may help alleviate certain problems with knee tracking etc - but it might amount to treating a symptom rather than solving a problem...Improper support within the shoes can lead to real problems in foot stability, knee tracking, and saddle stability. Feet are complex-and stability (or lack thereof) within the shoe can dictate with knee tracking.
- Bottom line; we take the time to understand the rider's challenges and objectives from the beginning, utilize the latest tools from Gebio to understand what is happening within the shoe, and make educated decisions to formulate a viable solution for the client.
Saddle Mapping and Selection: $125
- When it comes to saddle selection, every rider has a different set of needs. Utilizing the latest tools from Gebio, we discover the relationship between pressure, stability, and positioning of the rider on the saddle. We've seen clients come into the studio with multiple saddles that they've purchased and tried - with little to no luck.
- Let us take the "guess-work" out of the process of saddle selection and optimization. We stock saddles from Bontrager, Selle Royal, Selle Italia, SMP, Profile, Fizik, PRO, and others. With as many saddles as we stock, it's nearly impossible to stock every saddle shape, width, and density - so we welcome you to bring your own saddles for analysis too.
What do I bring to my appointment?
- Bring your bike, pedals, cycling shoes, cycling shorts, and jersey.
Can I bring my own saddles to a fit session?
- Absolutely. While we stock saddles from several manufacturers, it would be almost impossible to stock every saddle option.
When should I arrive to my appointment?
- Please arrive ten to fifteen minutes before your scheduled appointment to dress for your fitting. A dressing room is available.
How long does the bike fit take?
- Fit time varies determined by the fit requested. Review fit options to determine fitting time.